Sunday, May 3, 2015

April 27, 2015

Enjoying a cup of coffee on the patio this afternoon  after a restless and stormy night! the really severe weather was just to the south of my location in DFW but it was still a lot of thunder and lightning in our area didn't get much sleep! Picked up about a quarter of an inch of rain and a little more
expected this evening along with cooler temps, highs only in the 60s tomorrow! Okay, back to my garden....

Was highly dissapointed to see THIS this morning :
That's an eggplant blossom that dropped off the plant after blooming, same problem I had last year! I am trying not to get too excited about it dropping off since I was long in getting it potted, thinking maybe that contributed to it dropping. I did notice a few aphids on the undersides of the leaves on this one  but not the other one so I sprinkled a little more Sevin dust on and around it. I do have Neem oil on standby if needed. Will be happy to entertain any solutions from the audience!

Black Cherry tomato seeds are coming up as well as the Lemongrass seeds :


Indigo Rose tomatoes coming along nicely!
The Black Krims have blossoms but no signs of fruit yet
My pink butterfly something or other is blooming,  I can't remember the exact name of it
Lots of lovely blooms on the Calamondin orange tree, they smell so good !
The Glads are really shooting up, looks like 11 of the 12 bulbs have come up

No comments:

Post a Comment